Documents required for Passport application (Normal Mode)
- Print out of the online filled application form (Online filled passport application form. to fill online passport application form please click here)
- White background photographs (photo size 3.5X4.5 mm)- If applicant age is below four years.
- All other applicants photo will be taken at the Passport Seva Kendra (to know the address please click here)
- Present address proof (any one of the following in original)
- Applicant valid Ration Card with present address.
- Election ID card with the present address.
- Adhaar Card with present address.
- Phone bill (one year old one bill & the present one).
- Gas Connection Book with recent refilling receipt.
- Bank Passbook from the Public Sector Banks(only).
- Rental Agreement-If you are staying in a rented house with one more supporting documents like rented house electricity bill /water bill and Election ID Card/Adhaar Card/phone bill/electricity bill/water bill/gas bill with the applicant name
- Income Tax Assessment Order
- Water Bill (one year old one bill & the present one)
- Electricity bill ((one year old one bill & the present one)
- Certificate from Employer (Public Limited Companies) on letter head with seal and signature
- Spouse’s passport (First and last page including family details), (provided the applicant’s present address matches the address mentioned in the spouses passport)
- Parent’s passport , in case of minors(First and last page)
- Note: If applicant has only ration card/election ID card/Adhaar Card as proof of address, it it must be supported by one more proof of address (which has recent issuing date)
- Previous address proof Documents–If you are not completed one year in the present address
- Age proof (any one of the following in original)
- If you born after 26/01/1989 Birth Certificate Certificate is mandatory ( issued by the Municipal Authority or the Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths Birth)
- S.S.L.C Marks Card
- School living certificate where you have attended last.
- To get E C N R (Emigration Check Not Required)status in passport please provide any one of the following in original
- 10TH standard Certificate OR Degree Certificate OR Diploma Certificate
- Pan card and Proof of assessment of income tax and actual payment of income tax for last one year
- Any other documents listed for ECNR eligibility
- Marriage certificate/marriage affidavit-If applicant is married.
- Annexure H -If applicant is a minor
- Annexure B&M- if the applicant is a government employee
- Parent Passport- if applicant is a minor
- For Adult(above 18 years) Rs 1500 (normal mode application)
- For Minor(five year valid passport) :RS 1000 (normal mode application)
Mode of Payment :
Online Payment is mandatory and it can be made using any one of the following modes:
- Credit/ Debit Card (MasterCard and Visa)
- Internet Banking (State Bank of India(SBI) and Associate Banks Associate Banks only)
- SBI Bank Challan
Passport Application Process Over view
- Register online in passport Seva Website - to register please click here)
- filling up online passport application form,(alternatively, you can download e-form, fill up and upload the same at the Passport Seva Portal),
- Fee payment
- Scheduling an appointment for documents submission.
- Visiting Passport Seva Kendra for documents submission.
Additional requirements for Tatkal or Tatkal Documents
- No proof of urgency is required for Out-of-Turn issue of passport. Post Police Verification shall be done in respect of all passports issued under the Tatkaal Scheme.
- The applicant can obtain a passport under Tatkaal Scheme by submitting the above listed normal passport application documents with below said additional documents. The additional documents are are ;
- Verification Certificate as per the specimen as per Annexure 'F' and Standard Affidavit as per Annexure 'I (please click here for the format )
- Three documents from the Fourteen documents as mentioned below, provided one of the three documents is a photo identity document and atleast one of the three is amongst the documents indicated at (a) to (i) and a standard affidavit (Annexure “I” for format please click here) on non-judicial stamp paper duly attested by a Notary:
3 out of 16 documents listed as below
- Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- Service Photo Identity Card issued by State/Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies
- SC/ST/ OBC Certificates
- Freedom Fighter Identity Cards
- Arms Licenses
- Property Documents such as Pattas, Registered Deeds etc
- Pension Documents such as ex-servicemen's Pension Book/Pension Payment order, ex-servicemen's Widow/Dependent Certificates, Old Age Pension Order, Widow Pension Order
- Railway Identity Cards
- Rations Cards
- Birth Certificates issued under the RBD Act
- Student Photo Identity Cards issued by Government Recognized Educational Institutions in respect of full time courses
- Driving Licenses (valid and within the jurisdiction of State of submission of application)
- Bank/ Kisan/ Post Office Passbooks
- Income Tax Identity (PAN) Cards
- Gas Connection Bill (of one year before and current bill)
- Aadhaar Card
- At least 1 out of 3 documents must contain applicant's photograph.
- At least 1 out of 3 documents must be amongst the documents (From (a) To (i))
- Name in all 3 documents must be same.
- Travel Agents are not allowed to submit the documents under Tatakal Scheme. Applicant has submit the documents in person to the passport office
- All above documents to be produced in original along with self-attested copies.
TATKAAL PASSPORT FEE
- Rupees 2000/- (+ RS 1500 normal fee)
- Only Normal Category fee(RS 1500) needs to be paid while making Online Payment. The balanced Tatkal fee(RS 2000) needs to be paid only after your Tatkal application is being accepted and it must be paid pay cash