UK Tourist visa process Overview
- Documents submission and finger print scanning at V.F.S. UK visa application center.
- V.F.S. internally forward the documents to High Commission to process the application
- High Commission returns the passport with or without visa to V.F.S. in a sealed envelope
- V.F.S. send the passport to applicant through courier service.
UK Tourist Visa requirements
- Passport must be valid for at least six months from the date of travel.
- Passport should contains at least one double blank page reserved for visa stamping
- One photocopy of the first page of the passport.
- Old passport or passports –if any
- Two Photos (see the detailed photo specification below )
- Should not older than six month
- Taken against a white background
- Printed on low-gloss, plain-white photo quality paper Glossy or semi-matt finish
- Size of the photo (45mm high x 35 mm wide)
- Face size: 80 % of the photograph should comprise of the face. (See the sample photo), showing full face, with no hat, helmet or sunglasses, although you can wear everyday glasses.
- One visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant
- A visa requisition letter from the applicant (ensure following information available in covering letter)
- It should be addressed to” British High Commission/ Deputy High Commission. Purpose and duration of the travel.
- Complete address, name and contact number of the applicant.
- Leave approval letter/NOC from the employer -If employed (detailing position, salary, employment duration; the period of vacation; and the purpose of trip.)
- Salary slips for the past months –if employed
- Evidence of financial resources like
- Property papers (shop or business ownership documents) etc.
- Original Bank statements/Passbook.
- Fixed Deposit/ Share/mutual funds statement.
- Income Tax returns statements(for the past three years)
- Tour voucher and tour operator letter –if travelling in a package tour
- Address proof document –if your current address is different from passport address.
- Original Birth Certificate- If the applicant is below 14 yrs of age
- If a minor travelling alone -A no objection certificate signed by both parents
- If a minor accompanied by one parent -A no objection certificate by the other parent.
- If students travelling - a permission letter from school/college, including phone numbers and address, confirming the leave for specified period of travel
- NOC from the spouse –if the spouse not accompanying
- If the company is new or unknown;
- Bring the documents about company's market and financial position with financial records (bank statement), Tax papers for the last three year and any News paper/press coverage or Advertisement brochures about the company.
- Incorporation documents and business license(s).
If you are travelling to visit a friend or relative UK, arrange following documents from the host
- Copy of your Bank Statement, showing a good balance in order to justify your financial position.
- Certificate letter from your employer (on company's business letter head), stating that you are a permanent employee of the company, and also stating your salary.
- Pay slips copies.
- Copy of income tax returns for the past few years.
- photocopies of the relative’s proof of status
- E.g. Copies of your - Visa
- If UK citizen: Copy of passport.
- If you are sponsoring your in-laws, photocopies of all pages including blank pages of your spouse's passport and your marriage certificate is also required.
- If sponsoring your parents, original birth certificate of the sponsor child (son or daughter) is required.
- If you are inviting your in-laws, then spouse's birth certificate is required not yours.
- An application/letter from you to the UK consulate in India (address it to the particular consulate e.g. Delhi), requesting for issuing a visitor visa to the concerned person, stating that you will be taking care of every requirement for these people, including tickets, boarding and other expenses in USA.
- A formal invitation letter addressed to the person(s) you are inviting to UK. Also stating that you will be taking care of all their needs while in US, including tickets, boarding and other expenses in here.
- For parents visiting a child resident in the U.K.:
- If child is an Indian citizen.
- Child’s original birth certificate.
- Photocopy of all pages of child’s passport.
- Photocopies of the relative’s proof of status e.g. valid visa.
- Above listed documents are not a final High Commission may ask additional documents
- In case your fingers are coloured with henna, bandaged you will not be able to give your biometric enrolment. In such cases you will need to come and submit your application after the colouring, bandage has been removed (when the injury has healed). If any of your fingers are missing, you can still provide scans of your remaining fingers. V.F.S. will make a note of this.
- Children under 16 will have to be accompanied by their parent / guardian for the bio metric enrolment.
- Children aged five years and over need to have their fingers scanned and digital photograph taken. Children aged between five and sixteen years must be accompanied by an adult. Children under five do not have to visit a Visa Application Center to have their photographs or finger scans taken, but their photograph will need to be provided with the visa application form.
- Each time you apply for a UK visa you will need to have your fingers scanned and photograph taken.
- Maximum duration can be stayed on business visa is six months in any 12-month period.
Time Taken for visa process: 10 to 12working days in High Commission + courier days
Visa Fee:6500 INR
VSF Charge:200 INR